During these unprecedented times, and in line with guidelines set by our public health agencies as well as the Ministry of Health and our regulatory bodies we have had to make changes in order to ensure the safety of our staff and patients.
1) PLEASE NOTE THAT AS PART OF OUR SCREENING STRATEGY, YOU NEED TO ASK YOURSELF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS. IF YOU ANSWER "YES" TO ANY ONE OF THESE QUESTIONS, WE REQUEST THAT YOU CALL OR EMAIL US TO POSTPONE YOUR APPOINTMENT AND TO CALL TELEHEALTH ONTARIO (1-866-797-0000) OR YOUR DOCTOR FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. DO NOT RE-BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN DIRECTED TO DO SO BY EITHER YOUR PHYSICIAN OR TELEHEALTH ONTARIO.
Q1: Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory Illness or travelled outside of Ontario in the past 14 days?
Q2: Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
Do you have any of the following symptoms:
•New onset of cough
•Worsening chronic cough
•Shortness of breath
•Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
•Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches (myalgias)
•Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
•Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
•Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
Q4: If you are 70 years of age or older, are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: delirium, unexplained or increased number of falls, acute functional decline, or worsening of chronic conditions?
2) WE REQUIRE THAT YOU ATTEND YOUR IN-PERSON VISIT WITH A FACE COVERING (non-medical mask such as a cloth mask) to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 when physical distancing and keeping two-metres’ distance from others may be challenging or not possible.
3) PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC MORE THAN 10 MINUTES EARLY FOR YOUR INITIAL CONSULT.
4) PLEASE COMPLETE ALL PAPERWORK WE SEND TO YOU AHEAD OF THE APPOINTMENT TIME AND EMAIL IT BACK TO STGEORGEPHYSIO@GMAIL.COM (SEE DOWNLOADS BELOW AND CHOOSE THE MOST APPROPRIATE FILE).
5) PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH US - WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO ENSURE WE PROVIDE YOU WITH THE SAME LEVEL OF SERVICE WE HAVE BEEN PROVIDING FOR OVER 40 YEARS, BUT IT MAY TAKE SOME LEARNING WITH ALL THE NEW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES IN PLACE.
As per the Ministry of Health's "COVID-19 Operational Requirements: Health Sector Restart" guidance document, there have to be certain measures that must be in place in order to meet
public health guidelines and to encourage a safe environment to provide in-person health-related services. These measures include the following, with just a few examples of the many ways we are managing the recommendations as well as your safety at St. George Physiotherapy Clinic.
1) Using alternate methods of health care delivery eg. Virtual visits and telephone follow ups. For further details, please visit https://stgeorgephysio.ca/virtual-care-has-arrived
2) Physical and Environmental Measures to minimize risk of exposure such as installing plexiglass barriers at the front desk, as well as re-organizing the clinic in order to enhance physical distancing measures.
3) Administrative Control Measures such as decreasing the number of patients we will be treating, triaging patients who are treated, modifying patient flow in and out of the clinic.
4) The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) by staff members. Examples of PPE may be masks, face shields, and gloves.